Saturday, December 17, 2011

Random

Its one of my  favorite  times of  the year. Outside work is pretty much none,and  I am enjoying focusing on my children,keeping house,  reading books...burning candles...coziness:)  

We have  been trying to think about  simplifying  Christmas.Thinking about  what it  REALLY means...and  how we want to have  our  children live out  the real meaning, to focus on others, and to love to reach out,and give  freely to those around them. 

I have found my mind  whirling with the thought that was presented to me recently  a  high percentage of  Americans are in the  category of  living in a  poverty level.  Imagine.  My mind just reals at the thought of it.  POOR?? POVERTY? I  am sure  there are poor  people, but  a high percentage?? Tell me if i'm wrong,but there  are very few  Americans that  know what poverty is. at. all.   It  makes  my heart  sad. Very sad.

So  i am thinking on that.Alot. 

I have been  thinking about Karlee. The adoption. Disappointment.Gods  timing. A  big God. His  plans for  us.
Rest.  Trust. Miracles.  
I  am thinking about  this. VERY MUCH.


I am contemplating  life. 
Contentment.
Saving.
Honesty.
Values.
Separation
My children. Routine. School.  6 weeks in  Haiti  coming up. Christmas.Packing.

With  all  this my heart and  mind are  full. But at the same time, I  am at rest.  My hope,my confidence,my security, IS IN  CHRIST. How  thankful  i am  for the LOVE OF  MY FATHER! I  look forward to living each day.. hopefully  each day to its fullest:)

I just  got back from an  unexpected  week of dental work,in Mexico.  Long  story short, I  got 15 fillings, one  root  canal,and  4 wisdom teeth cut out. I never dreamed  i would have to put Kayte on  formula because of medication. I have a new appreciation for my Mom,and what a blessing to  have her with me!
I knew i had a  good husband,but wow!! He pulled out all  the stops for my  homecoming.He  vacuumed, washed the floors,did laundry, washed bedding, and bought me  a poinsettia AND a bouquet of  flowers! My love tank is  overflowing  to say the least.I LOVE THAT GUY!!!! I am so thankful that we rarely leave each other...this was certainly an exception.Its so  good to be home again..with my littles  and my man. :)

How  random once  again.



No comments:

Post a Comment