Monday, February 20, 2012

Working the road....

“Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me? Hope in God an wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, my help and my God.


….. and in the night His song shall be with me.” Ps. 42:5 & 8b



I am sure you all are wondering about the adoption, and how its going. This time “no news is good news” does not hold true.



On Saturday, Jess was able to travel into Port a Prince and check up on things. We have been very frustrated with the fact that it hasn't worked out to do this until now! We were beginning to wonder if we were the victims of a fraud case. Thankfully, we know that isn't true, but rather, that our lawyer just simply was not keeping after our case.

Long story short, we will not be able to bring Karlee home with us this time. Good news is that her papers ARE being worked on as of now, and hopefully they will enter the IBSER in a week. We were given a lead of someone (American) who will be huge in helping us check up on this important paper, and hopefully, hopefully, it won't be long!!



Years ago, I remember Alphie Hartzler having a devotional at school. That morning, he taught us a song that keeps coming to my mind. It talks about “ working the road” , smoothing it out and making it easy for those coming behind us.

We do not understand WHY God has allowed our “road “ of adoption to be so difficult, but we do know this; we are learning things along the way that we want to use to help others who are coming behind us in this process of adoption. While I don't know that we could ever make it “easy” or “smooth” for anybody, there are things that we would do differently had we known everything.



Other songs that have been a huge encouragement to me and are my testimony are:





I sing through the shade and the sunshine. I'll trust Him whatever befall.

I sing for I cannot be silent. MY FATHER PLANNED IT ALL.



God KNOWS!!! He sees the big picture. We have no doubt in our minds that Karlee was meant to be in our family. Why that hasn't happened long ago, must be for a reason.



Choose my path, O blessed Savior. Let me trusting lean on Thee

Order Thou my steps dear Savior. JUST AS SEEMETH GOOD TO THEE”



With the confidence that we are in His will in this adoption, with the hope that all things will work for His good. With the faith that He makes all things beautiful in His time, with the Trust that He will complete the work He has started, I sing:





Now I'm resting, sweetly resting, in the cleft once made for me.

Jesus blessed Rock of ages, I will hide myself in Thee.



May each of you, whatever you are facing in your journey, be able to know the same in your heart.

1 comment:

  1. Totally different circumstances here, but I can totally relate. I was especially blessed by the reminder that "my Father planned it all". Blessings on your day!

    ReplyDelete