Sometimes the very simplest of things can be pushed off, for no reason other than i do not just DO IT. Sometimes i need to simply prioritize my list of "
to do's " and tackle them, one at a time. Jess and I have been inspired by a message we heard recently about encouragement. How long does it take to simply drop a card in the mail, write an email, or make a little extra when your cooking and share it with a friend. How many times do i like to go to the mail box and find a card there, or have a friend stop by, just cause they were thinking of me?? So many times i get caught up in MY life, MY children, and MY
agenda. I want to make some changes in this area of my life... and get the children involved!! Yesterday we stopped by the nursing home, and when you see how a few min can make someone so happy, its so worth it!!! I would like encouragement to be a part of my life... something i do constantly! I know it takes my mind off myself, and helps to establish an attitude of gratitude... to simply go a bit beyond what
I feel like doing, to bless someone else.
An attitude of of gratitude. Have you ever stopped to think about how many things people can find to complain about??? How is that different from someone who is THANKFUL?? Jess is a challenge to me in this area, and is very diligent in teaching our children to be thankful for what we have. To consider what others are going through. And to realize we are incredibly rich. We would be rich if we only had each other. After all, at this very moment there are hundreds of Japanese that would be jubilant if they could only find their loved one. We . Are. Blessed.
And that's my ramblings for today. So far I have accomplished several things that just needed to be done. And this blog was one of them:)
Wonderful reminder..you score VERY high in doing things for people- blessings to you- Gina
ReplyDeleteSo very true Carole:) What a challenge!!!! Deb Hostetler
ReplyDeleteThanks Carole For the reminder and challenge....i was convicted...There are "things" God has been prompting me to do...and I keep pushing it off.....God bless you my friend.....Dee
ReplyDeleteCarol that was an amazing blog! Thank you so much for the encourgement!
ReplyDeleteSo many good thoughts! What a blessing you are. . . to me and to many others. ~ Suzanne
ReplyDelete