I know we have only been here not even a week, but I have already acquired a new compassion for women who are away from home, and far from other fellowship. Esp. when you can't talk the language, and for some reason chat isn't cooperating on the computer. I haven't left the home here since we came. Jean is leaving tomorrow, already, and I wanted to take her to one of my native friends home. So, Jean, Rhonda, and I made the 20 min. trip down the mountain to Michleins house. And there, God spoke into my heart. This dear friend had no idea we were coming, but she welcomed us in. Her little ones were literally only half clothed, but they were smiling. She served us hard Haitian bread and coconut candy, with peanut butter. Rose translated for us. She wanted to sing, and then asked if I would sing with her at church on Sunday. Don't know about that, but I enjoyed trying get the song read as we sang. She read from Matt 5, then had prayer. My heart was touched at her sweet, Christlike spirit. It refreshed my heart. And then to top it off, we saw a beautiful rainbow on the way home. I felt like God was hugging me, and telling me "See how much I love you?? You are very special to me". And I know its true. God is so good.
Tonight I want you all to pray for us, but Joshua esp. We moved him to our room with a fever of 103. He had a fever most today (not that high) and the only thing that keeps it down is meds. Pray that God would heal Him, according to His will.
We are sorry to see Jean leave tomorrow, but anxious to welcome Don,Karole,and Eric.
Jess told the boys if it doesnt rain they may go with him to take Jean to meet her ride. They are excited about that!!!
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment